Holiday and home insurance in France

When you rent an apartment in Paris (or in France in general) you must be insured for specific points.
Depending on the duration of your stay, less than 3 months or more than 3 months, the type of insurance changes, the formulas and rates also.

Our agency has surrounded itself with partners to cover all your needs (without obligation to go through them of course).

  • Cancellation/Tourist Insurance for very short stays.
  • Cancellation/Stay Interruption Insurance for leases between 3 months and 12 months.
  • Multirisk Home Insurance (MRH) MANDATORY in France for rentals of more than 90 days.

Documents are available in French and English.

Weekly rentals up to 3 months (90 days)

For a stay of less than 90 days, i.e. for seasonal rentals, you can if you are not already insured subscribe to a Villegiature insurance which must cover your mandatory civil liability.

LOKIM.COM's tips


  • If you already have a home insurance in France, you are probably already covered, inform your insurer of the address of your vacation rental. 
    We advise you to check that your insurance covers you for the following risks Explosion, fire or water damage, damage to property owned by the owner or the property, damage to property or property owned by the condominium or a third party...
    However, note that most insurance policies do not cover you in case of cancellation or interruption of your stay.
  • Ask about your bank's policy, as some banks may cover you for cancellation, lost luggage, flight delays, etc. However, this insurance does not automatically cover everyone, nor does it cover the rental of a property.
  • For French speaking clients without insurance in France, check if your own insurance does not cover you.Compare with the one proposed by

Most contracts require that you have resort insurance (or rental insurance) that covers at least fire, water damage, and explosions. A landlord may ask for proof of this coverage to accept entry into the premises.

The insurance taken out by the non-occupying owner for his apartment in Paris does not cover the tenant

Insurance for your vacation rental anywhere in France and in the world:

Whether or not you are a client of our agency you can access the guarantees offered by our partner.

Holiday insurance also covering cancellation and interruption of stay (with reimbursement of the sums incurred). Click here to discover it. 
The cost is 3.5% of the total stay and covers all tenants of the rented property. 

Temporary or long term home insurance
In order to help you in your installation, Lokim, in partnership with an insurance company, offers you a solution in order to provide you with the complete coverage required by law for stays longer than 2 months. 

Furnished Multi-risk Home Insurance

When you enter into a rental agreement, you must insure yourself while having the choice of insurance. If you request it, Lokim can provide you with the contacts of other insurance companies.
Get A Quote
Note that the owner or the agency, if it manages the property, can refuse to allow you to move in without a certificate of insurance.